2014 Program Speakers
Dr Peter Heslin
Associate Professor, Australian Graduate School of Management (UNSW)
Dr Peter Heslin is an Associate Professor of Management at the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM). He is an Australian who received his PhD in organisational behavior and human resource management from the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
A former consultant at KPMG Australia with expertise in the dynamics of change, Peter has developed and taught Executive MBA courses on managing people, organisational behavior, leading organisational change, and managing across cultures.
Peter is a scholar/practitioner who has authored or co-authored over a dozen related articles on topics of managerial cognition, motivation, leadership, and career success.
Peter was elected 2011-2012 Program Chair of the international Academy of Management Careers Division. In the 2006 he won the C. Jackson Grayson Endowed Faculty Innovation Award for excellence and creativity in teaching.
Division Director, Macquarie Group Limited
Eugene graduated with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Economics (Social Sciences) at the University of Sydney and was a residential tutor at Warrane College.
Eugene practised law in the area of Litigation and Taxation at Blake Dawson Waldron (now Ashursts), Mallesons Stephen Jaques, and DLA Piper (where he was a partner in the Taxation Group).
He has served on the NSW Law Society’s Professional Conduct and Ethics Committees. Since 2008, he has been a Division Director at Macquarie Group Limited and is the Global Head of the Transaction Taxes team in the Financial Management Group.
Since 1994, Eugene has been a founding director of Reledev Australia Limited, an AusAid accredited overseas aid agency and currently serves as its Chairman.
Dr Gerald Fogarty
Director of Radiation Oncology, Mater Hospital & Senior Lecturer, UNSW and Sydney University
He has spearheaded the use of Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy at St Vincent’s and the Mater. He trained at Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Australia’s largest cancer centre. He has over 25 first author publications and is the principal investigator of an International Phase III Trial in radiotherapy in melanoma.
He is a senior lecturer at both University of Sydney and UNSW.
He has an interest in education and is currently the Master of Warrane College, having been the Dean there for 12 years in the 1990s.
Mr Peter Limbers
Peter has specialised full time in the energy (electricity and gas) sectors for nearly 15 years. He has a reputation as one of the leading Sydney legal specialists acting for energy utilities, retailers, regulators and government on energy projects, transactional and commercial work, as well as energy market (electricity and gas) regulatory work.
Peter is “Commended by peers for his all-round proficiency, and noted for his expertise in the electricity and gas space” (Chambers Global 2010).
He has acted extensively for Government (at a state and national level) on the regulatory reform of the energy sector and the reform and corporatisation of government owned businesses.
He also regularly acts for major corporations operating in the energy sector, assisting them on power generation and renewable energy projects. He works extensively on transmission and distribution network regulation and development projects, as well as on joint ventures, and energy related contracting and commodity trading. Peter regularly presents at energy and infrastructure seminars.
Past speakers at The Big Picture Program have included:
- Dr David Kirk MBE Former All Blacks Captain, former CEO of Fairfax Media and Rhodes scholar
- Professor Steven Schwartz Vice-Chancellor of Macquarie University
- Professor Neil Weste Electrical Engineer and Inventor
- Mr Alistair Coe MLA Member of the Legislative Assembly for the Australian Capital Territory
- Mr Peter Harris “The Creative Coach”
- Dr Michael Cook Journalist and editor of MercatorNet.com
- Dr Gavin Boneham Optometrist
- Mr Thomas Tudehope Social Media Consultant
- Dr Sandra Lynch Associate Professor, The University of Notre Dame and Director, Centre for Faith & Ethics in Society
- Mr Martin Fitzgerald Senior Educational Manager & Philosopher
- Mr John Perrottet Director, Perrottet Partners
- Dr James O’Sullivan Orthopedic Surgeon
- Mr Peter Saccasan Director of Pharmacy Services, RSM Bird Cameron
- Mr Matthew Johnstone Creative Director at the Black Dog Institute
- Professor John Hearn Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International), The University of Sydney
- Hon. Dominic Perrottet MP Member of the NSW Legislative Assembly
- Ms Deanna Lane Managing Director, Baddock Lane and Associates
- Dr Angus Brook Lecturer in Philosophy, The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Dr Marco Navone Senior Lecturer (Finance), The University of Technology, Sydney